Charlotte @ Golden State
Current Records: Charlotte 15-16; Golden State 18-15
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Charlotte Hornets and are hoping to record their first win since March 31 of 2019. They will face off against one another at 10 p.m. ET on Friday at Chase Center. Gamethese two teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous gamethese two teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous but managed to pull out a pair of wins.
Golden State came out on top in a nail-biter against the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday, sneaking past 111-107. The Dubs relied on the efforts of power forward Draymond Green, who almost posted a triple-double on 12 points, 11 dimes, and nine rebounds, and point guard Stephen Curry, who had 24 points and eight assists along with eight boards.
Speaking of close games: on Wednesday Charlotte sidestepped the Phoenix Suns for a 124-121 victory. The Hornets’ success was spearheaded by the efforts of shooting guard Malik Monk, who shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 29 points, and point guard LaMelo Ball, who had 20 points and eight assists.
The Warriors are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
It was close but no cigar for Golden State as they fell 102-100 to Charlotte in the teams’ previous meeting earlier this month. Maybe Golden State will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, California
- TV: The Sports Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Warriors are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 6-point favorite.
Golden State have won seven out of their last 11 games against Charlotte.
- Feb 20, 2021 – Charlotte 102 vs. Golden State 100
- Dec 04, 2019 – Charlotte 106 vs. Golden State 91
- Nov 02, 2019 – Charlotte 93 vs. Golden State 87
- Mar 31, 2019 – Golden State 137 vs. Charlotte 90
- Feb 25, 2019 – Golden State 121 vs. Charlotte 110
- Dec 29, 2017 – Charlotte 111 vs. Golden State 100
- Dec 06, 2017 – Golden State 101 vs. Charlotte 87
- Feb 01, 2017 – Golden State 126 vs. Charlotte 111
- Jan 25, 2017 – Golden State 113 vs. Charlotte 103
- Jan 04, 2016 – Golden State 111 vs. Charlotte 101
- Dec 02, 2015 – Golden State 116 vs. Charlotte 99
Injury Report for Golden State
- Marquese Chriss: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)
- Klay Thompson: Out for the Season (Achilles)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Vernon Carey Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Cody Zeller: Out (Hip)
- Devonte’ Graham: Out (Kneecap)
- Caleb Martin: Out (Covid-19)