Through 1 Quarter
The Brooklyn Nets were expected to win this one, and so far that’s exactly how it’s playing out. They are way out in front after one quarter with a 36-25 lead over the Miami Heat. The Nets have been riding high on the performance of small forward Joe Harris, who has 12 points.
Both Brooklyn and Miami suffered losses in their previous contests, but Brooklyn is closer to making up for it. Brooklyn will have to keep the pressure on with three quarters left to go.
Miami @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Miami 6-8; Brooklyn 9-8
What to Know
This Saturday, the Brooklyn Nets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 116.35 points per game. nightnight. They are out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
Brooklyn received a tough blow on Friday as they fell 125-113 to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The losing side was boosted by point guard Kyrie Irving, who had 38 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, the Miami Heat found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 101-81 punch to the gut against the Toronto Raptors on Friday. A silver lining for the Heat was the play of shooting guard Kendrick Nunn, who had 22 points and five assists.
The Nets are the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 4-9 against the spread when favored.
It was close but no cigar for Brooklyn as they fell 116-113 to Miami when the two teams previously met in February of last year. Maybe Brooklyn will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nets are a big 8-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8-point spread, and stayed right there.
Miami have won 11 out of their last 18 games against Brooklyn.
- Feb 29, 2020 – Miami 116 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 10, 2020 – Brooklyn 117 vs. Miami 113
- Dec 01, 2019 – Miami 109 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Apr 10, 2019 – Brooklyn 113 vs. Miami 94
- Mar 02, 2019 – Miami 117 vs. Brooklyn 88
- Nov 20, 2018 – Brooklyn 104 vs. Miami 92
- Nov 14, 2018 – Miami 120 vs. Brooklyn 107
- Mar 31, 2018 – Brooklyn 110 vs. Miami 109
- Jan 19, 2018 – Brooklyn 101 vs. Miami 95
- Dec 29, 2017 – Brooklyn 111 vs. Miami 87
- Dec 09, 2017 – Miami 101 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Feb 10, 2017 – Miami 108 vs. Brooklyn 99
- Jan 30, 2017 – Miami 104 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Jan 25, 2017 – Miami 109 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Mar 28, 2016 – Miami 110 vs. Brooklyn 99
- Jan 26, 2016 – Miami 102 vs. Brooklyn 98
- Dec 28, 2015 – Brooklyn 111 vs. Miami 105
- Dec 16, 2015 – Miami 104 vs. Brooklyn 98