UFC 251 is the promotion’s biggest fight card of the summer, and it’s almost time to get the festivities underway. The UFC 251 event survived the loss of its main event only to replace it a potentially bigger one. UFC 251 will see three championship fights go down on Fight Island on Sunday morning in Abu Dhabi. The event will be headlined by welterweight champion Kamaru Usman defending his title against one of the biggest stars in the sport Jorge Masvidal.
After failed negotiations to make this fight happen earlier in the year, Masvidal gets the call on just six days’ notice following Gilbert Burns’ positive test for the coronavirus. Masvidal was pushing UFC for more money following his incredible 2019 run. After balking at his requests, UFC and Masvidal came to an agreement to get the fight fans have been dying for to happen on Saturday night.
Can’t get enough UFC? Subscribe to our podcast State of Combat with Brian Campbell where we break down everything you need to know in the Octagon, including an in-depth preview of UFC 251 with Hall of Famer ‘Suga’ Rashad Evans below.
The co-main event would be strong enough to headline its own PPV, but that’s not how UFC handles its usual International Fight Week slot. Alexander Volkanovski and Max Holloway are set to go at it for the featherweight title in a rematch from December 2019. Volkanovski wrestled the title away from Holloway via split decision at UFC 245 with an impeccable gameplan and strategy. Now, it’s time to see if he can do it again against one of the best 145-pounders of all time.
It’s been a wild week of pre-fight action, but it’s time to get to the fights. Stay with CBS Sports all night long for continuing coverage of UFC 251 with complete results, updates and highlights below.
UFC 251 fight card, results
- Kamaru Usman (c) -240 vs. Jorge Masvidal +200 — Welterweight title
- Alex Volkanovski (c) -220 vs. Max Holloway +180 — Featherweight title
- Petr Yan -230 vs. Jose Aldo +190 — Vacant bantamweight title
- Rose Namajunas def. Jéssica Andrade via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jiří Procházka def. Volkan Oezdemir via second-round KO (punch)
- Muslim Salikhov def. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos via unanimous decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Makwan Amirkhani def. Dan Henry via first-round submission (anaconda choke)
- Leonardo Santos def. Roman Bogatov via split decision (29-26, 29-26, 29-26)
- Marcin Tybura def. Maxim Grishin via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Raulian Paiva def. Zhalgas Zhumagulov via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Karol Rosa def. Vanessa Melo via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Davey Grant def. Martin Day via third-round knockout (punch)
UFC 251 info
- Date: July 11
- Location: Yas Island — Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV
- Price: $64.99
UFC 251 countdown
Who will win Usman vs. Masvidal, and how exactly will each fight end? Visit SportsLine now to get detailed picks on every fight on Saturday’s UFC 251 card, all from the accomplished expert who’s up almost $21,000 and has nailed 12 straight main events.