The UFC is moving full steam ahead after a forced break due to the coronavirus pandemic, and now all eyes are turning to UFC 250 on Saturday, June 6. The pandemic had mad it difficult for the promotion to secure venues, with the UFC recently finding a home in Jacksonville, Florida, where it put on three fight cards in eight days including the eventful UFC 249 pay-per-view. UFC 250, however, will be making its home back in the familiar setting of Las Vegas inside the UFC Apex facility
On Wednesday, UFC president Dana White appeared on ESPN to reveal the fight card for UFC 250. Amanda Nunes will be putting her women’s featherweight championship on the line against Felicia Spencer in the final bout of the evening. Nunes, who also holds the bantamweight title, will be making the first defense of her featherweight belt after winning the title with a 51-second knockout of Cris Cyborg in December 2018. She has made two successful bantamweight title defenses since that fight.
Can’t get enough UFC? Subscribe to our podcast State of Combat with Brian Campbell where we break down everything you need to know in the Octagon.
Spencer suffered her lone career defeat last July, a unanimous decision loss to Cyborg at UFC 240. She rebounded from that defeat in February with a first-round stoppage of Zarah Fairn Dos Santos. Spencer has experience in championship bouts, having won the Invicta FC featherweight title in November 2018.
Aside from the women’s featherweight championship main event, UFC 250 will largely be a bantamweight affair on the heels of former champion Henry Cejudo abruptly retiring following his UFC 249 victory over Dominick Cruz. In the co-main event, former champion Cody Garbrandt will take on Raphael Assuncao. Meanwhile, the card also features rising contenders Aljamain Sterling and Cory Sandhagen clashing as well as fan-favorite Sean O’Malley in action as he takes on Eddie Wineland.
Be sure to check back in with this page as it will be updated with every new fight announced.
UFC 250 fight card
- Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Felicia Spencer — Women’s featherweight title
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Cody Garbrandt — Bantamweights
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Cory Sandhagen — Bantamweights
- Neil Magny vs. Anthony Rocco Martin — Welterweights
- Sean O’Malley vs. Eddie Wineland — Bantamweights
- Alex Caceres vs Chase Hooper — Featherweights
- Ian Heinisch vs Gerald Meerschaert — Middleweights
- Cody Stamann vs Brian Kelleher — Bantamweights
- Charles Byrd vs Maki Pitolo — Middleweights
- Jussier Formiga vs Alex Perez — Flyweights
- Alonzo Menifield vs Devin Clark — Light heavyweights
UFC 250 info
- Date: Saturday, June 6
- Location: UFC Apex — Las Vegas
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV