The Premier League transfer window is open. You can click here to review all the latest transfers and keep up to date with all the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Real want Ramos to remain
A club source told ESPN last week that Ramos was contemplating a move after 14 years at the Bernabeu.
The Spain centre-back has played a pivotal role in some glittering Madrid success, winning four Champions Leagues — three in row between 2016 and 2018 — and four La Liga titles.
Ramos, 33, is under contract until 2021 after renewing in 2017. However, he is considering a move, with reports claiming both Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain have asked about his availability.
But Spanish TV channel La Sexta reports that a different destination could be in store for Ramos — China. It says he has asked Perez for permission to leave in order to make the move.
Marca reports that Zidane sees Ramos as a vital member of his squad, for his leadership as much as his ability, and says the defender is due to meet club president Florentino Perez when he returns from a postseason break.
22.54 BST: We’re going to wrap up Monday’s live edition of Transfer Talk with a DONE DEAL! Olympiakos have announced the signing of former France international Mathieu Valbuena.
— Olympiacos FC (@olympiacos_org) May 27, 2019
21.13 BST: Mundo Deportivo cites L’Equipe as reporting that Radamel Falcao is interested in leaving Monaco for a return to La Liga, with a homecoming of sorts at Atletico Madrid one mooted option, and Valencia are also said to be interested in the 33-year-old striker.
19.36 BST: United States international Matthew Olosunde is set to leave Manchester United this summer, sources have told ESPN FC.
17.59 BST: Torino will activate the €10m purchase option they own on Chelsea’s on-loan full-back Ola Aina, Calciomercato reports.
16.22 BST: Edin Dzeko’s agent has denied a report on Turkish outlet DHA which had claimed the Roma forward — heavily linked with a move to Inter Milan — was boarding a flight to Istanbul for talks with Fenerbahce.
“I have heard these reports as well from Turkish media and I don’t know where they come from,” Irfan Redzepagic told SempreInter.com. “He is on holiday right now.”
Dzeko had been a target for Antonio Conte at Chelsea in his final season at Stamford Bridge and was expected to finally play under the Italian, who is close to agreeing a deal to replace Luciano Spalletti at Inter, next season.
15.59 BST: Fiorentina have called a meeting of their board members for August 31.
It is expected that will see the completion of the sale of the club to New York Cosmos owner Rocco B. Commisso. There were some doubts over the deal, but having secured safety on the final day, it is imminent.
15.15 BST: Spain striker Alvaro Morata has said he wants to stay with Atletico Madrid until the end of his career and has no plans to return to Chelsea, from whom he is on loan to the Spanish side on an 18-month deal.
“Leaving here has not crossed my mind,” Morata told Spanish newspaper Marca. “As long as the club wants me and the fans are happy I want to be here. I’ve found happiness here. I’m where I want to be.”
14.34 BST — DONE DEAL: To Germany, where Mainz have announced the signing of defender Jonathan Meier from the Bayern Munich youth academy.
13.44 BST: Burnley manager Sean Dyche is not worried about other clubs coming in for his key players, the Lancashire Telegraph reports. “The club’s in a super strong position financially,” Dyche said. “It’s the opposite side of it — how much are we going to stretch to make sure we’re improving?”
12.49 BST: Leroy Sane has been strongly linked with a move to Bayern Munich in the summer, and Bayern great Lothar Matthaus is confident it will happen. “A player who, in my eyes, will enchant the Bayern fans next year is Leroy Sane,” he told Sky. “I am sure he will move to Munich.”
12.15 BST — DONE DEAL: Eibar have completed a permanent move for Barcelona’s Marc Cucurella after the defender played on loan for them last season.
— SD Eibar (@SDEibar) May 27, 2019
12.08 BST: Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has said Jadon Sancho will still be at the club next season. “We’ve got a clear arrangement for the here and now,” Watzke told Bild. “Jadon is not on the market and it is guaranteed he will be at Borussia Dortmund in the coming season.”
11.38 BST: Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has told Jerome Boateng that his best option would be to leave the club.
Boateng joined from Manchester City in 2011 but has been linked with a move away. He was an unused sub during the 3-0 DFB Pokal victory over RB Leipzig on Saturday and did not join in the celebrations.
11.12 BST: Manchester United or Real Madrid could sink Tottenham’s hopes of signing Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso, the Mirror, citing reports in Spain, says. It adds that Spurs had a bid of more than £50m turned down by Betis last week.
10.40 BST: Mario Balotelli has suggested that he will stay at Marseille next season, with the former Manchester City and Liverpool striker telling Canal+: “Yes, of course, that’s an option. Why not? I have always said I feel good here, so why would I say no?”
10.17 BST: Reports say Tottenham have become the latest club to be linked with 18-year-old Leeds winger Jack Clarke, who would cost around £20m, following Leeds’ defeat in the Championship playoff semifinals.
09.59 BST: Eintracht Frankfurt attacker Luka Jovic, 21, has told Die Welt am Sonntag that he wants to play elsewhere, adding: “I’d say that a couple of other leagues would be a better fit for me.
“After playing Chelsea and Inter [in the Europa League], I got the impression that I’d feel more at home in the Premier League or Serie A. The style of football just suits me better.”
Jovic has been linked with Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent weeks, but a transfer to either does not currently look likely.
09.39 BST: Lyon’s Hossem Aouar has opened the door to a move to Manchester City.
“Wouldn’t you like to play at City? It’s a big European club, and every player has the desire to play for a big European club,” Aouar told Canal Football Club. “Also, they’re coached by Guardiola, who for me is a benchmark for coaches.
“He knows everything, he sees everything before it happens and makes his teams play very well. That’s what I like: his way of looking at football. But I am still under contract with Lyon.”
?️ @HoussemAouar : “Je suis encore sous contrat avec l’@OL, j’aimerais marquer l’histoire de ce club (…) Il va falloir s’asseoir et discuter du rôle que je peux avoir. En tout cas, moi, je suis prêt à avoir un rôle de leader technique et aussi dans le vestiaire.”#CFC pic.twitter.com/3GGp7e1hHv
— Canal Football Club (@CanalFootClub) May 26, 2019
08.55 BST: Sporting Lisbon captain Bruno Fernandes — a reported target for Manchester United, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid — has said he cannot confirm whether he will continue at the Portuguese club next season.
The 24-year-old Portugal international, under contract with Sporting until June 2023 and with a €100m release clause, scored 29 goals in all competitions this campaign, including 20 league goals.
“I’m with Sporting,” he told Record: “There are no contacts with any club, at least as far as I know. There is a lot of talk, there are sure to be clubs interested but to this day, my focus has always been placed on Sporting. Now I want to rest because I have a lot to give to the national team.
“I’ve spent two intense years — I don’t know if I will spend a third year, I don’t know if I’m going to leave. No one knows the future.”
08.10 BST: Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has defended the club’s transfer spending and accused La Liga president Javier Tebas of hypocrisy over allegations that they are distorting the transfer market.
The Premier League champions, under investigation from UEFA over a potential breach of Financial Fair Play rules, have spent more than £1 billion on players since they were bought by Sheikh Mansour in 2008.
Speaking at the Financial Times’ Business of Football summit on Tuesday, Tebas criticised the ownership models of City and French champions Paris Saint-Germain saying they caused an imbalance that is stretching football to its economic limits.
“He talks about how we distorted the market? There is a hypocrisy in this statement that is ironic,” Al Mubarak said. “Number one, let’s look at the Spanish league, the time of breaking records on player acquisitions, I mean, who started that?
“Let’s go back to the world records, Figo, Zidane. These huge jumps in these transfers, where did they happen? You know, the history, you have to look back at the history of La Liga, a league dominated by two clubs, and Mr Tebas should look back at the history of that league and how distortion that has happened throughout the ages.
“And then you look back at transfers. In the top ten transfers of all time, Manchester City has not a single player in that, not a single one.”
PAPER TALK (by Rich Edwards): Youri lucky day… if you’re not Leicester
Manchester City are keen on Youri Tielemans, who has shone on loan at Leicester from Monaco.
Leicester want to make his move permanent but, given the impact he has made, may face some serious competition for his signature.
He impressed in Leicester’s 1-0 defeat at City at the tail end of the season, and the Sun reports that Pep Guardiola had seen enough to persuade him that the former Anderlecht player would be an invaluable addition.
City have apparently been in touch with the Belgium international’s representatives about a move.
West Ham eye Barcelona’s Gomes after Everton success
West Ham are expected to bid £18 million for Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes, who spent last season on loan at Everton.
According to the Times, Everton would like to retain Gomes but no preferential option to buy the midfielder was included in last summer’s loan deal.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side would like to make a permanent move for the Portugal international, who is under contract at Barcelona until 2021.
Roll up for Rojo — United name price for Marcos
Manchester United will sell Marcos Rojo to whoever is prepared to shell out £6m for the defender.
Rojo’s spell at Old Trafford has been dogged by injury, and now the 29-year-old is on the market having played just six matches for United last season and only 12 in the campaign before.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperate to revamp his squad in the next couple of months, and getting players off the wage bill is a key part of that process. The Mirror reports that United have named their asking price, which is designed to encourage as much interest as possible.
– PSG boss Thomas Tuchal has told Sky Sports he can’t promise that Neymar and Kylian Mbappe will be at the club next season. His comments, reported by the Sun, saw him say he “can’t promise” that they will stay.