You are here
Home > Football > Premier League > Transfer Talk: Man Utd to splash £250m on Portuguese trio Felix, Dias and Fernandes

Transfer Talk: Man Utd to splash £250m on Portuguese trio Felix, Dias and Fernandes

With rumours swirling Barcelona are prepared to sell Coutinho, Paul Mariner hopes the Brazilian remains at the Nou Camp

The transfer window for Europe’s biggest clubs is closed, but click here for all the deals. Transfer Talk will continue to scour the world’s media and set correspondents loose to see what’s on the agenda for the summer.

Solskjaer keen to bring Portuguese prospects to Manchester United

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has identified three Portuguese talents as key summer targets — but United will have to fork out £250 million to secure them.

The Mirror reports that 19-year-old Joao Felix, Benfica teammate Ruben Dias, 21, and 24-year-old Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes are top of Solksjaer’s wish list.

But United face stiff competition, with Manchester City, Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid also keeping tabs on the Portugal internationals.

Felix has a release clause of £105m, while the fees for Fernandes and Dias are reported to be £95m and £50m respectively.

Bruno Fernandes and Joao Felix are on opposite sites of the Lisbon derby but could link up at Old Trafford.

LIVE BLOG

16.17 GMT: Arsenal, as we saw earlier, want to make three summer signings, and the Mail reports that one of them could be Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella, watched by Gunners scouts as he scored his first goal for Italy in Saturday’s win over Finland.

15.23 GMT: Liverpool are prepared to let Naby Keita leave, according to Teamtalk, with the former RB Leipzig midfielder said to be interesting both Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich.

14.43 GMT: Another day, another burst of Eden Hazard to Real Madrid speculation. Asked, inevitably, about it at a news conference ahead of Belgium’s game on Sunday, he said: “There’s nothing in the reports. I’m only focused on the game against Cyprus. That’s all I’m thinking about.”

13.36 GMT: Arsenal manager Unai Emery wants to bring in three new players in the summer, including a replacement for the departing Aaron Ramsey, but will have only £45m to spend “and may have to get creative to strengthen in key areas,” according to the Mirror.

12.21 GMT: Newcastle may not make a permanent move for striker Salomon Rondon, on loan from West Brom, because owner Mike Ashley “is reluctant to sign off any transfer due to the player turning 30 in September,” the Star reports.

11.33 GMT: The Mirror claims that Barcelona “are willing to listen to offers for Philippe Coutinho just 14 months after his big-money move to the Camp Nou” as Manchester United continue to be linked with the former Liverpool star.

10.53 GMT: Arsenal, Everton, Fulham and Celtic are all interested in Newcastle goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, who has a year remaining on his contract at St James’ Park, according to the Newcastle Chronicle.

10.05 GMT: There’s going to be quite some competition for the signature of Chelsea forward Callum Hudson-Odoi, according to the Mail, which says Manchester United have joined Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich and Liverpool on the list of interested clubs.

09.15 GMT: More from Manchester United, with the Sun reporting that they are interested in Norwich defender Ben Godfrey, who has excelled since breaking into the team earlier this season.

It says United watched £10m-rated Godfrey in action for the Canaries at Rotherham last weekend, where he scored the winner from a corner, “and reckon he fits the bill as a young centre-back who is comfortable on the ball.”

PAPER TALK: Inter line up Bergwijn as Perisic replacement

Inter Milan are monitoring PSV Eindhoven forward Steven Bergwijn as they become increasingly certain that winger Ivan Perisic will depart.

The Croatia international, linked with a move away from the San Siro for the last few windows, looks set to finally leave in the summer, and Inter are keen for Netherlands international Bergwijn to step into the breach.

The 21-year-old has lit up the Eredivisie this season, scoring 11 goals in 25 league games, and that form has attracted attention from clubs including Manchester United and Bayern Munich.

Inter’s interest has been tentative so far — but Calciomercato reports that, if they act quickly, they should be in pole position to meet PSV’s €40m valuation.

Arsenal plot Kannemann and surprise Herrera swoops

Arsenal are pondering a move for Argentinian defender Walter Kannemann.

The Argentina internationa has been earning rave reviews for his performances for Gremio, with a string of European clubs keen to sign him.

Arsenal’s biggest competition appears to be from Atletico Madrid, whose manager Diego Simeone worked with Kannemann at San Lorenzo.

The Mirror also claims the Gunners are keeping a close eye on Ander Herrera‘s contract situation at Manchester United.

Herrera has yet to agree a new deal at Old Trafford, and the prospect of him leaving for nothing in the summer has sparked Arsenal manager Unai Emery’s interest.

Tap-ins

Calciomercato reports that Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic is a top transfer target for Inter Milan.

Barca are set for an injection of youth, with Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong one of many young players set to head to the Nou Camp in the close season, and his arrival could see Rakitic’s playing time decrease.

– Napoli are planning a summer shopping spree and have identified PSV winger Hirving Lozano and Bournemouth centre-back Nathan Ake as targets.

Gazetta Dello Sport reports that Ake has been sounded out as a potential replacement for Kalidou Koulibaly, who looks increasingly likely to leave at the end of the season.

Calciomercato says Juventus are plotting a move for Fiorentina winger Federico Chiesa in the summer. Manager Massimiliano Allegri, however, is said to be uncertain about the proposed €70m fee.

el-admin
EltasZone Sportswriters, Sports Analysts, Opinion columnists, editorials and op-eds. Analysis from The Zone Team
    Similar Articles
    Top