You are here
Home > Football > Premier League > Transfer Talk: Everton want £100m for United, Barca target Richarlison

Transfer Talk: Everton want £100m for United, Barca target Richarlison

ESPN FC’s Alejandro Moreno assesses the big summer transfer rumours, including Paul Pogba joining Zinedine Zidane and Leroy Sane parting ways with Pep Guardiola.

The Premier League transfer window is open. You can click here to review all the latest transfers and keep up to date with all the latest gossip below.

Transfer window grades | When does the window open in Europe? | QUIZ: Which club should you join?

TOP STORY: Everton demand huge Richarlison sum

Should Richarlison leave Everton this summer, he will not be doing so on the cheap, as Marco Silva’s side are expected to ask for £100 million for the Brazilian, according to The Sun

Richarlison enjoyed a fruitful season in 2018-19 after signing for the Toffees from Watford. A record of 17 goals in 46 games in all competitions this season has brought about the interest of Manchester United and Barcelona.

The music to United’s ears is that Richarlison desires to stay in the Premier League, having settled into life in England. That puts Inter Milan, PSG and Atletico Madrid — who have all shown interest — at a disadvantage.

If Everton do sell for £100m, it will be a hefty profit on the £50m fee they purchased him for last summer.

Brooks and Wilson on Spurs’ shortlist

AFC Bournemouth pair David Brooks and Callum Wilson are both targets for Tottenham Hotspur, The Sun reports. 

When are the Premier League fixtures published?
When does the transfer window close?

Both have excelled in the Premier League for the Cherries this season, and Mauricio Pochettino is eyeing an £80m deal for the players.

Wilson made his international debut for England this season, and Brooks is a regular in the Wales side. Bournemouth signed Wilson for as little as £3m from Coventry five years ago, while Brooks was snapped up from Sheffield United last summer.

West Ham and Leicester target Llorente

While he isn’t getting any younger and is far from the first-choice striker at Tottenham, Fernando Llorente still has a couple of Premier League sides chasing him this summer, says The Sun.

The 34-year-old has played second fiddle to Harry Kane at Spurs since joining the club from Swansea in 2017. However, West Ham and Leicester City both feel they can offer the Spaniard more game time in England’s top flight.

With his contract expiring, Llorente is set to become a free agent, and could leave on a free transfer to Napoli. Even Barcelona have reportedly shown interest as they look for someone to provide competition for Luis Suarez.

Mkhitaryan surplus to Emery’s requirements

More from The Sun, which is reporting that Henrikh Mkhitaryan, in the headlines for all the wrong reasons lately, is headed for the exits at Arsenal.

Much has been made of the fact that Arsenal will not be taking the Armenian with them to the Europa League final in Baku, Azerbaijan, against Chelsea on Wednesday due to security concerns between his native Armenia and Azerbaijan.

While Mkhitaryan recently stated that he wants to stay at the club, the reports suggest that Unai Emery will be looking to offload him alongside Mesut Ozil this summer.

Tap-ins

– Manchester United have made an opening bid of £35m for Lyon’s Moussa Dembele, according to the Daily Mail. Dembele has netted 23 goals for the French club since signing from Celtic.

– Bayern Munich could be gearing up for a Premier League double raid, as they look to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea and Manchester City’s Leroy Sane, the Daily Mail reports. On Sane, Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: “There have not been any talks so far. He’s an interesting player, we will try.”

el-admin
EltasZone Sportswriters, Sports Analysts, Opinion columnists, editorials and op-eds. Analysis from The Zone Team
Similar Articles
Top