You are here
Home > Football > Premier League > LIVE Transfer Talk: Lukaku could leave Manchester United with club open to offers

LIVE Transfer Talk: Lukaku could leave Manchester United with club open to offers

The transfer window for Europe’s biggest clubs is closed, but you can click here to review all the deals. Transfer Talk will continue to scour the world’s media and set correspondents loose to see what’s on the agenda for the summer.

TOP STORY: Man United ‘listen to offers’ for Lukaku

Romelu Lukaku could be on the way out of Manchester United after just two seasons, with the club open to offers for the Belgium international.

That’s according to the Daily Telegraph, who believe Lukaku is open to a move away from Old Trafford. Lukaku moved to United for £75 million in 2017 but has yet to fully convince at the club and Inter Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich are all reportedly keen on him.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Friday that he will be ruthless with his squad in the coming weeks.

“There’s no hiding place and everyone can see what your level is at,” Solskjaer said. “The performance on the pitch will determine where they’re at — if it’s short term or long term.

Romelu Lukaku could be set for the Old Trafford exit door.

“Most of them have really impressed in their attitude and some need to get a reality check of where they’re at, but most of the players know they can improve if they keep working as they do.”

The Telegraph say Lukaku earns £255,000 a week at United and the club would want to recoup the fee they paid Everton for him two years ago. 

Federico Pastorello, Lukaku’s representative, said on Italian TV earlier this month that his client’s future is “very open,” with Solskjaer set for a huge summer in the transfer market.

LIVE

10.56 GMT: There has been speculation Olivier Giroud could leave Chelsea in the summer but boss Maurizio Sarri is having none of it.

Sarri said: “He [Giroud] is sure [to stay] because the club has an option for another year, another season. I spoke to the club two days ago and we agreed to exercise the option. So, he will remain.”

10.38 GMT: Nicolas Tagliafico has rejected the offer of a new deal at Ajax but apparently the Arsenal target prefers a move to Italy. 

10.05: Manchester United are in a real scrap for the top four and Champions League qualification this season and if they’re unsuccessful, the players will have to accept 25 percent pay cuts, according to The Times. The report states David De Gea and Paul Pogba will demand pay rises in any new contract to offset their losses. 

09.42: Staying with AS, and in an opinion column Spanish football expert Guillem Balague says he believes Christian Eriksen has yet so sign a new Tottenham deal because he is waiting for an offer from Real Madrid as is convinced one will arrive. Balague also says Daniel Levy is open to doing business with Madrid.

09.32: Zinedine Zidane has a big job on his hands in the summer, with AS reporting he wants to sort out four key positions: left-back, centre midfield, left-wing and right-wing. The report says Eden Hazard is among Zidane’s top targets, along with Paul Pogba.

09.13: According to newspaper Il Mattino, Lorenzo Insigne is a target for Atletico Madrid but Napoli are demanding €100m. Insigne was jeered by his own fans on Thursday after he was substituted during Napoli’s Europa League exit to Arsenal.

09.05: Manchester City full-back Danilo could be on the way out this summer, with Inter Milan keen on him according to reports in Italy. La Gazzetta believe Danilo, 27, is set to sign a four-year deal with the Serie A side.

09.00: Welcome to another LIVE edition of Transfer Talk, bringing you all the latest news and rumours.

Zaha has Champions League ambitions

Wilfried Zaha has sent a message to Europe’s top clubs, and a warning to current employers Crystal Palace, by saying that he should be playing in the Champions League in an interview with the Daily Mail.

“For me to be better, to achieve what I know I am capable of, I have to aim to play at the very highest level, to win trophies,” Zaha is quoted as saying. “I’m blessed to have come this far in my playing career, but I feel like there is so much more I have to offer.

“I have to experience the Champions League. I just need the opportunity, that’s it. And I’ll do the rest.”

It’s reported that Palace won’t consider any offers below £50m, amid rumours that Arsenal are interested in the winger, as well as former club Manchester United. Because of their time spent together at Cardiff City, Zaha already has a connection with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. That could help make Old Trafford the destination this summer.

Should Zaha seek to play Champions League football via some of Europe’s other top leagues, Inter Milan and Borussia Dortmund are also reportedly interested in him.

Napoli make contact with Trippier

Napoli have made preliminary contact with Tottenham Hotspur right-back Kieran Trippier over a summer transfer, Calciomercato reports.

Trippier could replace Elseid Hysaj, who is expected to leave Napoli when the transfer window opens.

However, the Italian club will be facing competition from Manchester United, who are also reportedly interested in Trippier.

The 28-year-old played in Tottenham’s Champions League quarterfinal victory over Manchester City on Wednesday, but received criticism for his defending against fellow Englishman Raheem Sterling.

Isco the solution to Juve’s problems?

Juventus may turn their attention to Isco to find a playmaker to work alongside Miralem Pjanic next season, according to Calciomercato.

Former Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo commented on the situation, saying: “Juventus need a player like Isco, immediately.”

Zinedine Zidane’s return to the Real Madrid dugout may rule out a move away from the club, although Manchester City are also understood to be sniffing around for his signature.

However, should Madrid welcome Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen or Chelsea’s Eden Hazard to the Santiago Bernabeu, Juventus may be able to make an offer for Isco for as much as €85m.

Tap-ins

Diego Costa may be on his way out of Atletico Madrid, after manager Diego Simeone told him that “any player who wants to leave can leave,” the Daily Mail reports. Costa hadn’t been training with Simeone’s side due to a dispute over a recent ban, but has since returned to the sessions.

– Amid speculation that both could be on their way out of Old Trafford this summer, Paul Pogba and David De Gea intend to demand pay rises, the Times reports. However, their wages have nothing to do with their futures: Should Manchester United fail to qualify for next season’s Champions League, players will be subject to a 25 percent pay cut on their contracts. Pogba and De Gea are merely seeking to offset their potential losses.

el-admin
EltasZone Sportswriters, Sports Analysts, Opinion columnists, editorials and op-eds. Analysis from The Zone Team
Similar Articles
Top